Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our two main pillars in this whole project, Kevin “salsa” parody and Vicente García, The boys from 1704 on the Rock with Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Malika of Morocco at the launch of a commemorative coin organised by The Gibraltar Morocco Business Association at The Donabo Gardens in Tangier.

1704 ON THE ROCK
Text By Richard Cartwright
(Globe Magazine April 2023 Edition)
Over time I would say, we’ve come to love wine more and more, don’t you think – I certainly have – but isn’t it true to say wines from Spain, France and Italy in the main, are the ones we’ve become accustomed to? But now countries from all over are increasingly producing good wines, and our palates are not shying away from giving them a try!
Yes, our taste and appreciation of wines from far and beyond in many cases, have not disappointed...Eastern European wines, those from Australia, South Africa, the Americas, north and South and from other destinations have not disappointed, no. I rather like wines from Chile and Southern California and choices are varied and many; a few years ago on holiday in Marrakesh, in Morocco I visited a riad – a traditional Moroccan house or palace with an indoor garden and courtyard – and during the delicious meal, wine began to flow and on enquiring what it was, I discovered it was a Moroccan wine from vineyards in the Casablanca region, so that was another very pleasant discovery...Well now, there’s no need to travel out of Gibraltar to enjoy Moroccan wine: ‘1704 On The Rock’ has come to Gibraltar.
The vineyards of La Ferme Rouge, situated between the Atlas Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean, means they bask in an exceptional climate all year round for producing fine wines in one of the great wine regions of Morocco. Add to that a strong French influence and knowhow means you can do no better!
Businessman, Kevin ‘Salsa’ Parody met Vicente Garcia, owner of the very popular fish and tapas restaurant, ‘Casa Garcia’ in the town of Asilah, situated on Morocco’s Atlantic Coast. ‘Casa Garcia’ is a top eatery in the area and Kevin found out more about these excellent wines, which ‘Casa Garcia’ had been offering on their wine list successfully for the past 12 years. Kevin, better known, at the moment, for his cooking of delicious food soon came up with the idea of introducing the brand on the Rock...and so he did!
Helping with the Marketing of the ‘1704 On The Rock’ fine wine, is Ethan Brancato and already, the bottles are beginning to sell quite well in local shops and in restaurants like ‘Vault 13’ – already having repeated orders for the wine a number of times, ‘The Reef Rainforest Café’ further along Chatham Counterguard and also at the Cabin on the Upper Rock where the wine is also available in the souvenirs shop.
There are three types on offer: the top one is 1 Thaque (La Ferme Rouge), a 1704 red and a 1704 white. Reasonably priced, ‘1704 On The Rock’ can also be purchased from Ramsons in Watergardens. The Cruise Terminal, the Airport Terminal, the Coach Park, the Bus Terminal at Market Place, the Cable Car top of the Rock Restaurant are also targeted for places of sale...
“Our Main aim is, in fact, the tourist seeking Gibraltar souvenirs but not forgetting the local market also, as the product is one to be enjoyed by all,” Kevin tells me. “And the big one we’re aiming for is one of Gibraltar’s main supermarkets,” a work in progress, Kevin assures... “Just as the Rock Apes came from Morocco, now we have wines coming from Morocco too!” and there’s more. Kevin tells me there’s a big surprise in store for Gibraltar’s wine drinkers, whilst not forgetting wine tasting sessions, which are planned to give the product a marketing boost. “The wines are reasonably priced and the 1704 label on the bottle is sure to attract the tourists’ attention to perhaps take home as a Gibraltar souvenir, whilst at the same time a fine tipple to savour.
So Kevin and Ethan are enthusiastic about their product and are more than eager to break into the drinks and, in particular, the competitive wine market and offer a fine wine produced by our neighbours from across the Straits...Described as a unique wine that carries ‘great spirit,’ it’s a wine joining wines from so many other countries across the globe that will invigorate your restaurant night out, or a tipple to enjoy at home and, of course, a worthy Gibraltar souvenir for tourists to take home. And here’s hoping some it remains, because I’ll be looking forward to the wine tasting sessions...Cheers, 1704!
Whether you are breaking the ice at a reunion or want to impress, ‘1704 on the Rock’ is the perfect wine for that special occasion or anniversary. The special occasion that calls for that equally important bottle which is ‘1704 on the Rock’.

Thanks to GKM 1704 for their contribution with a Prize to our Stall of a selection of Red & White wine!

RSS

We are dedicated to Leisure & Sports and collaborating locally & abroad in charitable works & Solidarity Projects on our annual Raids.

© 2024   Created by Marocatlasgib4x4 Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service