Embarked on my Solo Raid 2023 due that I will not be available for our next solidarity raid in November.

We finished our commitment with the II Camel Trek Challenge 2023 which was a great success.

I proceeded to Marrakech where I had an appointment to do my injectors on my vehicle.

Arrived to the location and stayed in a camping site near the garage.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

9/5/23, Breakfast at Dar Ahansal and then start the second stage. Already done 325 km on the garmin odometer starting from the camp in Marrakech. I have a problem with my fuel tank, cannot fill to the top due to a leak, will be sorted in Zagora, God Willing. As planned I will refuel in Demnate. Continued on a secondary road with great panoramic views. Still some snow up the Atlas.

Continuing on route 302 I was surprised to see my old friend George, fantastic encounter, never planned. Still had some km to get to Demnate to refuel and I was getting really low entering into reserve. Managed to refuel as planned and stopped at Imi N'Ifri for lunch on the route 307.

After a good lunch I continued on route to Mgdaz with spectacular views. Had the chance to view from above the Ouarzazate Solar Power Station, largest in the world. Then continued and arrived at night at Oasis Fint, stayed at Albergue Tissli, great hospitality. 2nd Stage completed of 368 km from Zaouit Ahansal to Oasis Fint.

10/5/23.
After a great breakastat Albergue Tissli  I satrted my way to Aguinane, firstly with great views exiting the Oasis Fint. Got to the road and it was a great drive stopping for a coffee and a snack in a valley by Assaka.

Fantastic day diverting from secondary roads to tracks to get to Aguinane and visit the Ape Mountain formation, needed my beast on that photo ;) Great sceneries with my stops for coffee, reaching Foum Zguid, plans was to enter and do Lac iriki but their was sand storms and it would delay my plans. So I continued to Zagora where I got my car to Garage Iriki to do the works I needed done. Stayed as usual at Chez Ali.

Stage 3 completed: Oasis Fint - Aguinane - Zagora 500 km.

11/5/23.
The next day Aziz had taken off the fuel tank and it was all covered in mud, 29 years of off-road :) After a good clean we found a crack that was causing the leak. The aircon pulley was fitted but had an issue now with a gas leak, will have to be sorted another day, so I decided to do a night run to Marabout. Fantastic drive in the desert during the fresh night, over 50 degress during the day, arriving at Kasbah Marabout and sleeping under the stars.

12/5/23.

Fantastic start of the day with a great sunrise and a perfect breakfast. Thanks to our friends at Marabout for their great hospitality, see you again in November Insha Allah. After breakfast and the goodbyes the adventure continues visiting our friend at Albergue Maider who provided a frozen bottle of water that was forgotten to get at Kasbah Marabout. Then crossed lac Maider and encountered a herd of camels before entering Foum M'Harech, went to visit Brahim but was not in. Got a great image of the Indian face rock formation and continued to Ouzina were Omar, friends for 29 years, prepared a great lunch. Relaxed after lunch and was called by Wilfred who was at Desert Hotel Haven La France in Merzouga, 52 km from Porte Ouzina. Arrived at the hotel and chilled out at the pool. Fantastic day completing the 4th Stage, 231 km.

13/5/23.
After a good breakfast at Hotel Desert Haven La France got some shots of the car on the dunes and then went to Erfoud to see an old friend Abdul who had an accident on his bike and is at home recuperating. Then continued through the Todra Gorge and reach Agoudal with spectacular views and new roads done. Stopped for lunch at restaurant camp Brahim, 2 kids were waiting outside for a foot ball, they got to know there was in the car by others who got some too earlier :) Got to the intersection with the Toufnite route to Circ Du Jafar.

Continued with great views, reaching over 2600 m high once again. Fantastic change of contrasts of the regions. Arrived to Circ du Jafar during the night, entered the valley as the main track is broken, bit akward the decent at night but got to the new track and continued to Midelt.
Stage 5 completed: 469 km.

Fantastic sunset at Circ du Jafar!

14/5/23.

Early start from Midelt to Tangier but first visited a new track they are doing to a new Hôtel Spa Xaluca in Aguelmame Sidi Ali just beside the lake. Did some exploring but decided to get back on the road, got some twisters near to the road, and continued to the Cedar Forest in Azrou diverting on a track. Visited the oldest cedar tree in Morocco and had a snack and coffee. Then continued to Espace Ribis Maamoura, Sidi Allal el Bahraoui for lunch. After a great lunch I continued on the highway to Tangier and doing some home shopping at Marjane and the soc.

Next day in Tangier got the car cleaned inside out. Then went to the soc for last shoppings a mint tea and embarked the midday ferry back home.

RSS

We are dedicated to Leisure & Sports and collaborating locally & abroad in charitable works & Solidarity Projects on our annual Raids.

© 2024   Created by Marocatlasgib4x4 Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service